Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Denver

In Denver now and the sun is shining! The mountains are rising in the west and the air is dry and wonderful. The gal across from me wants some more humidity so I told here to buy a pool or move to Michigan. Things here at the church are going well. Upon my arrival I was able to set up my booth with enough space to work with. I was a little worried that that was not going to be an option.

I was going to be staying at a camp ground about 6 miles from the Church but Hunter one of the employees of the Church said I could park the trailer in their parking lot and that they have a shower I could use! That saved me about $100 dollars and having to shower in a bath house. Then I found out they have internet access in the building! And it's free! And then they fed me dinner! I'm telling you the people here in Englewood, CO are very nice! Who wouldn't want to live her for the mountains themselves now you have people who are nice. And I hear they get about 250 days of sunshine per year! Again, moving here looks more and more promising!

I was also able to find a way to do some banking without a lot of hassles. I was thinking I was going to have to mail funds to my bank and it was looking real difficult. But I found a credit union that was able to take my funds without any problems.

So, now the booth at the 30th annual General assembly of Presbyterians is now open and have been making sales! Although, I had my first shirt lifted from me via someone who really wanted it! I have yet to have one of my shirts at a venue lifted from me. They must have really wanted to use it to share their faith. They didn't take the card that goes with it thought and it was the Pinifix design.

One thing I am excited about is I get to see an old friend tonight. She moved to Denver a few years ago and she just loves it here. I don't know why..sunshine, mountains......? It will be go go connect with an old friend.

Signing off from Denver!

No comments:

Post a Comment