Sunday, June 20, 2010

Icthus

Well the first leg of my summer tour is over and I'm on the way to my second leg. The Icthus Festival was a success. Check out my Facebook site to see some photos. It was a hot weekend with a lot of humidity added. On the last day we got rain in the early morning. It seemed like only my stand actually got wet. My display shirts ended up drying in the afternoon heat and I was able to save most of the business cards that got wet. Fortunately none of my inventory was wet as all of my shirts are in plastic bins. Over all I sold 116 shirts! I feel it was a good show. It was long but they gave us some good breaks in between.

Now I'm sitting just east of St. Louis, MO in a Panera Bread eating and trying to say cool. It was over 90 degrees today. It was so hot in fact when I stopped for fuel I decided to get some freon for the Blazer. Added it and then took off. I had cold air!!!!!! But the truck started to run a little hotter than normal. I kept my eye on the gauge when all of a sudden I heard what sounded like a tire blowing out!!!! I pulled over immediately shut off the truck and checked out all 6 tires and none were flat. So fearing the worse I check the dip stick for the oil to find out the head gasket was fine. So I was a bit stumped. I then restarted the truck to find the fan blade hitting the shroud. I then, on the side of Interstate 94, proceeded to repair the broken shroud. I think this is why the truck was getting hotter while the A/C was on. So, there I am in over 90 degree weather on the side of the Interstate with 18 wheelers zoomin by at 70 mph loosing 10lbs by the hour in sweat. I did get it repaired but was unable to us the A/C for most of the way because of fear I'd loose the head gasket to over heating.

So, here I sit at Panera waiting for the temp to fall so I can start driving again. I think I need to travel in the evenings and early morning while on this trip. I'll be in Kansas this evening and then travel to Denver in the evening tomorrow. I've been posting updates to my facebook via my phone so you can check there to see what up. That is until I get to another Panera!

Until then!
out!

No comments:

Post a Comment